Resources can be added to multiple bookable products with a global level of availability or individual availability.
Examples of usage include:
- An assistant who can be booked to organize a wedding or a 50th birthday party, but not both at the same time.
- A room that can be rented for a kid’s birthday party or for a company event, but not at the same time.
Adding a new resource
To add a global resource, or a resource that can be used site wide:
- Go to Bookings > Resources. A list of current resources and any products they are assigned to is displayed.
- Select Add Resource at the top. The Add New Resource screen appears.
- Enter a name/reference for the resource. Make sure you name your resources appropriately and do not use the same name twice to make managing your site easier as your site grows.
- Input the Available Quantity.
- Add Range if the resource has any restrictions on availability. Similar to Availability on a Bookable product. More details at: Custom Availability Range.
- Publish to make the resource available.
Adding a resource to a product
Once the resource has been added, you can assign the resource to products.
To add a resource to a bookable product:
- Go to WooCommerce > Products.
- Select the bookable product you would like to Edit.
- Scroll down to Product Data and tick the Has Resources box.
- Go to the Resources tab.
- Enter a Label to be shown to customers if Resources are Customer Selected. If automatically assigned, leave blank.
- Select a Resource from the dropdown in the lower right.
- New resource: Select Add/link Resource, then you are prompted for the resource name. Once entered, a new global resource is created in the system.
- Existing resource: Select Add/link Resource, then you are prompted to enter a Base/Block cost. The Base cost is applied when the resource is chosen; the Block cost is multiplied by the number of blocks booked.
- Update the Bookable Product to save resources