post_type_supports( string $post_type, string $feature )
Check a post type’s support for a given feature.
(string) (Required) The post type being checked.
(string) (Required) The feature being checked.
(bool) Whether the post type supports the given feature.
More Information More Information
The $feature variable in the function will accept the following string values:
- ‘editor’ (content)
- ‘thumbnail’ (featured image) (current theme must also support Post Thumbnails)
- ‘custom-fields’ (see Custom_Fields, aka meta-data)
- ‘comments’ (also will see comment count balloon on edit screen)
- ‘revisions’ (will store revisions)
- ‘page-attributes’ (template and menu order) (hierarchical must be true)
- ‘post-formats’ (see Post_Formats)
Please note in the ‘thumbnail’ value you can also use ‘attachment:audio’ and ‘attachment:video’ .
If the value is not available it will return false.
You can send any string in this field and it will return false unless you are checking for an accepted value.