Hide Shipping Methods for WooCommerce plugin helps to conditionally hide WooCommerce shipping methods and specific shipping options.
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Set up and Configuration
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can start with it. Go to WordPress Admin Sidebar menu > Hide Shipping.
The whole process is divided into two steps:
- Setting Filters for Hiding Shipping Methods
- Selecting Shipping Methods for Hiding
Setting Filters for Hiding Shipping Methods
The plugin offers some useful filters, using which you can hide WooCommerce shipping methods. Based on the filters configured, the shipping methods will be hidden in the cart and checkout pages.
The filter settings are as shown below.
- Shipping Class: Select one or more shipping classes that you have created in your WooCommerce shipping settings. Or you can choose to select products with no shipping class as well.
- Product Category: Select one or more WooCommerce product categories. When products in the selected categories are added to the cart, the shipping methods will be automatically hidden.
- Order Weight: This is the total order weight in the cart. When the cart total weight meets one of the following conditions, the selected shipping methods will be hidden –
- >= – Greater than or equal to the specified weight
- <= – Less than or equal to the specified weight
- == – Equal to the specified weight
- || – Between the specified minimum and maximum total order weight
- All – For all the products regardless of order weight.
- Order Subtotal: This is the subtotal of products. When the cart subtotal meets one of the following conditions, the selected shipping methods will be hidden –
- >= – Greater than or equal to the specified amount
- <= – Less than or equal to the specified amount
- == – Equal to the specified amount
- || – Between the specified minimum and maximum order subtotal amount.
- All – For all the products regardless of the order subtotal.
- Countries: Select one or more countries to hide shipping methods. Once you select countries that have states, the States field appears to choose desired states.
- Postal Code: Enter one or more postal/zip codes separated by commas, to hide shipping methods.
- Product SKU: Enter one or more product SKUs separated by commas. If you want to hide shipping methods for individual products, this is the most ideal method to use.
- Shipping Methods: You can use existing WooCommerce default as well as premium shipping methods to hide other shipping methods. Once you activate premium shipping plugins, the shipping method ID will be automatically added to this list.
- Shipping Options: If you want to filter a specific service from your premium shipping method(s), you can add the HTML value of the desired shipping service. You can add multiple services by separating them with commas.
- WordPress User Roles: Select the desired WordPress User Roles from whom you want to hide shipping methods. You can select one or more user roles.
Once you have configured the settings, click Save & Continue.
How to get the HTML value of an element?
The below screenshot shows the HTML value for Priority Mail (USPS) service returned by a Shipping Plugin.
Selecting Shipping Methods for Hiding
The plugin allows you to hide three things:
- WooCommerce Default Shipping Methods
- WooCommerce Premium Shipping Methods
- Selected Services from Premium Shipping Methods
- Shipping Methods: Select desired shipping methods to hide. The shipping method IDs – flat_rate, free_shipping, and local_pickup for WooCommerce default shipping methods are listed by default. If you have activated other premium shipping plugins for DHL Shipping, USPS Shipping and so on, the shipping method ID will be listed here automatically.
- Shipping Options: If you want to hide a specific service from your premium shipping method, you can add HTML value (see “How to get HTML value of an element?” in the previous section for reference) of the desired shipping service. You can add multiple services by separating them with commas.
- Rule Name: Enter a suitable rule name to identify each rule distinctively.
Finally, click Create Rule to proceed.
View and manage all the created rules in the Manage tab.
You can see the rule name, parameters involved by hiding the shipping method(s), and quick actions to Edit, Copy, and Delete the rule.
Hide other shipping methods when “Free Shipping” is available
Case: Let us hide other shipping methods, say Flat Rate when Free Shipping is available for the product.
Both Free Shipping and Flat rates are offered for the United States region as shown in the screenshot below.
In the plugin settings, we should select the shipping method filter as the free_shipping option.
Next, in the hide shipping method settings, we need to select the flat_rate option as shown in the below screenshot.
Finally, when we move to the front-end of the WooCommerce store, the cart page now shows only the Free Shipping method for the United States region.